ULTEM™ resin materials are flame-retardant, high-performance thermoplastic for direct digital manufacturing and rapid prototyping.
ULTEM Resin Benefits
ULTEM 1010 and ULTEM 9085 resin offer good chemical resistance, high heat resistance and tensile strength and the lowest coefficient of thermal expansion (CTE) of any FDM® thermoplastic. The high strength-to-weight ratio and FST (flame, smoke and toxicity) ratings make it an excellent choice for the commercial transportation industry, especially aerospace, marine and ground vehicles. ULTEM™ resin is offered in a certified grade, which has documentation for food contact and biocompatibility compliance.
These characteristics make ULTEM resin a good fit in a variety of applications such as (but not limited to) the following industries:
- Aerospace – ducts, housings and composite layup tooling
- Transportation and automotive – under-hood and passenger compartment applications such as environmental control ducting, headlamp reflectors and electrical connectors, semi-structural components
- Healthcare – medical devices, fixtures and tools
- Food Processing – production tooling and packaging
- Lighting and electronics – applications requiring high heat and flame resistance such as reflectors, connectors and housings