Digital Production Parts is the shop floor reimagined
As a manufacturer you rely on customized manufacturing aids like jigs and fixtures to ensure quality, efficiency and worker safety.
TriMech 3D printing service streamlines and enhances the production of these tools, resulting in greater productivity and better ergonomics.
TriMech can create specialty tools for your production
- TriMech can support your lean manufacturing strategies by 3D printing manufacturing tools on demand.
- Custom tools built directly from your CAD files can be ready for use in as little as a day.
- 3D printed tooling can reduce the time and cost to create traditional tooling, and improve performance and accuracy.
- Get complex jigs and fixtures that would not be possible with conventional machining and fabrication.
Digital production of manufacturing aids
Reduce the cost and risk associated with traditional tool production
Get the Perfect Tool
TriMech can create the perfect tool for your job, even if it’s hollow, contoured, customized or otherwise too complex for traditional tool-production processes like CNC machining.
- Consolidate several components to reduce tool complexity.
- Integrated features – fastener, RFID, pockets, text and labeling.
- Design for ergonomics or maximum functionality, not manufacturability. Get the perfect tool for assembly, gluing, drilling, and measuring.
Reduce Manufacturing Waste
With 3D printed manufacturing aids, jigs and fixtures your business can avoid costly errors that lead to waste, scrap, rework, and retooling:
- 3D printed tools that have less material waste than machined tools.
- Replace traditionally manufactured tools with high-performance 3D printed tooling at a lower cost.
- Gain exceptional surface finish and intricate detail often unattainable via conventional manufacturing.
TriMech on-demand tool creating supports lean manufacturing strategies. Tools are built directly from your CAD models and can be ready for use in as little as a day.
- With tools from TriMech you can bring new manufacturing lines online faster.
- Enable low volume precision assembly.
- On demand tooling will get your tools made faster.
- Easily change or update your tool and have it produced faster.
Production tools without tooling deliver real value to manufacturers
3D printing increases return on investment by reducing the cost of a jig or fixture. Typically, companies realize savings of 70 to 90 percent when compared to fixtures that are machined or fabricated.
Print operational aids
Going beyond jigs and fixtures, manufacturing tools that serve as operational aids further broaden opportunities. They range from organizational bins and tool holders for 5S (a workplace organizational methodology) to templates, guides and gauges.
They include sophisticated robotic end-effectors (grippers) and rudimentary trays, bins and sorters for conveyance and transportation.
Better designs, better performance
3D printing also optimizes tool performance. Previously, designs for jigs and fixtures rarely improved past what was sufficient to do the job. Due to the expense and effort to redesign and remanufacture them, only malfunctioning tools received revisions.
Tools when you need them
Get tools only when you need them, which will reduce the cost and the shelf space (warehousing expense), to manage and track an inventory, and cost to locate a jig or fixture when needed. For sporadically used tools, these costs can be quite significant.