Soluble Support Material Industrial Remover
The ORYX sca3600 is a large industrial & high throughput 3D printing post processing solution for removal of soluble support materials on 3D printed parts.
It provides demonstrated options to perform support removal on multiple materials such as ABS, ASA, PC, Nylon, PEEK, etc.
ORYX sca3600 Features
The sca3600 provides a larger system capacity with a range of cleaning options and accessory components. Its reliable, easy-to-use, and quiet operation makes it a superior product for Additive Manufacturing (AM) service firms and industrial manufacturers, where producing larger intricate parts and/or high throughput is necessary.
Manufactured for long-term reliability in highly caustic industrial environments while providing limited maintenance and simple servicing, sca3600 by ORYX is the benchmark standard for large part/high volume soluble support removal.
Fully compatible with all soluble support material concentrates
In removing support for FDM/FFF and Material Jetting processes, such as PolyJet or Extrusion Technology, the sca product family provides a wide range of predefined machine settings and is fully compatible with all soluble support material concentrates, from water to caustics.
It further provides the user with the appropriate level of agitation to balance the needs of heavy removal while maintaining critical dimensions on delicate or intricate part geometry. With additional features that include a simple electronic interface for pre-set temperature & time, easy part loading & unloading, and durable stainless-steel tank for caustic support removal operations, the sca3600 is your finishing solution!
ORYX scaWaterjet Specifications
Designed for User Productivity and Comfort, Engineered for Function and Quality
- Overall Size: 36.5L x 22.8 W x 42.8 H in. (92.7 L x 57.9 W x 108.7 H cm)
- 16 x 16 x 14 in. (40.6 x 40.6 x 35.6 cm) Stainless Steel Removable Parts Basket
- Capacity: 27 gallons (102 liters)
- Power Requirements: 230VAC +/- 10%, ~ 50/60 Hz – 15A – 3400W
- 4 x 4 x 4 in. (10 x 10 x 10 cm) Small Parts Basket included
- Stainless Steel Tank & Durable Pumping System compatible with water-soluble and caustic-soluble printed support materials
- Proven Support Removal from FFF/FDM parts including ABS, ASA, PC, Nylon, PEEK, and others
- Presets designed for 3D printed parts temperatures: 50°, 60°, 70°, 85° C
- User-controlled Digital Timer
- Flow Reducer is included for delicate parts
- Whisper-quiet Operation for in-office use or industrial setting
- Integral Hinged Lid to reduce water waste & maintain accurate temperature
- Built-in Safety Features such as Over Temperature & Water Level Alarms
- Field replaceable Sub-assemblies
- CE/ cTUVus/ RoHS/ WEEE/ RCM Regulatory Approvals
- 1 Year Warranty & US-based Technical/Customer Support with strong AM industry experience
- “Heat Off” temp. selection for Material Jetting & Curing (MJ), such as PolyJet
Example Post Processed Parts
Example 3D printed parts that have been cleaned with an ORYX machine, pick on the images below to enlarge:
SCA Post-Processing Machines FAQs
Q: Which types of 3D printers does the SCA work with?
A: The SCA support removal systems will work with any printers that use the Soluble Support Technology (SST) material for part supports. There are soluble support materials compatible with ABS, ASA, PC, and nylon part materials.
Q: How does the SCA clean support material off 3D printed parts?
A: To clean your 3D printed parts the SCA circulates them in heated water containing a small amount of cleaning solution. The solution dissolves the soluble support material off the parts. SCA models have been optimized to minimize the time needed to remove support material from 3D printed parts.
Q: What cleaning solutions are used in the SCA?
A: The SCA tank is filled with water and a small amount of either a sodium hydroxide-based cleaning solution (WaterWorks) or an eco-friendly cleaning solution (EcoWorks). You can use tap water to fill the SCA tank. There is no need to use distilled or filtered water. For fastest soluble support removal use WaterWorks Soluble Concentrate P400SC; for gentler cleaning, use the EcoWorks cleaning solution.
Q: Is there a way to tell if the cleaning solution needs to be changed?
A: Typically, an SCA-1200HT can process 2.4 lbs. of support material and the SCA 3600 5 lbs. of support material before the solution needs to changed.
Any of the following may indicate it is time to change the cleaning solution in the SCA:
- The tank begins to cloud or exhibit low clarity
- Some white parts (ABS) may turn brown or yellow
- Parts have a sticky residue and/or stick together in the tank due to excess dissolved solids in the tank
- Functional parts with moving features are not functioning properly
- Support material is not fully removed after a long cleaning cycle
- The tank’s solution exhibits a low pH
Q: How much of the cleaning solution do I need to use?
A: Use one bottle of WaterWorks or 6 packages of EcoWorks for an SCA-1200HT. For the SCA 3600, 2 bottles of WaterWorks or 13 packages of EcoWorks are recommended. For non WaterWorks or EcoWorks cleaning solutions pelase follow the manufactures suggested instructions.
Q: How long will it take to remove the support material from my 3D printed parts?
A: Removal time is highly variable and depends on part geometry, part size, cleaning solution used, pH of cleaning solution, and material type. Until some experience is gained, estimate four to five hours. Parts can be checked during the cleaning cycle and removed from the SCA if support is dissolved before the end of the set time.
Q: Can I run the SCA overnight or continuously without any safety issues?
A: Yes. All SCA systems have been tested for continuous use at the previously mentioned temperatures and have been designed to include safety features that allow unattended operation.
Q: How do I dispose of used cleaning solution?
A: Every location is different. Consult the Material Safety Sheet that came with the concentrate used in the solution or the local authorities to determine the best method.