Composite 3D Printer
Meet deadlines and stay on budget with high-strength composite printing.
Make work holding fixtures, soft jaws, and component parts with composite 3D printing in a fraction of the time and cost it takes to machine a metal equivalent. Stratasys F123CR 3D printers supplement traditional fabrication technologies, allowing industrial manufacturers to replace metal components with high-strength 3D printed composite parts.
This accelerates throughput while avoiding the opportunity cost of using production resources or the lead time of outsourcing.
Stratasys F190CR & Stratasys F370CR Features
Heated Build Chamber
The fully heated build chamber enables consistent print results with multiple infills from sparse to fully dense.
A built-in camera provides visual remote print monitoring, plus GrabCAD Print™ and Insight™ software provide a simple workflow and in-depth print process control.
Automatic Material Change
Auto changeover capability on the Stratasys F370CR extends print times and printers are mounted on casters for easy mobility.
Multiple FDM Production Materials
The Stratasys F123CR series gives the option of up to 8 different Fused Deposition Modeling materials (ABS-CF10, ABS-ESD7, ABS-M30, ASA, PC-ABS, TPU 92A, Diran 410MF07, FDM Nylon-CF10) along with easy-to-remove soluble support material.
Stratasys F123CR Series Benefits
Simple Setup & Operation
- GrabCAD Print software makes setting up print jobs simple, just import the part’s CAD file and the software generates toolpaths and supports
- Multiple resolutions will print from the same print head, avoiding tooling changes
- Press print and walk away. No oversight needed until print job is complete.
- The F370CR features auto-changeover, meaning you won’t have to interrupt a build to refill materials
- Supplement traditional fabrication technologies with composite 3D printing
- Replace traditionally metal components with high-strength 3D printed composite parts
- Avoid opportunity cost of using limited production resources or the lead time of outsourcing
- Produce fixtures, soft jaws, component parts and more using composite 3D printing for a fraction of the time and cost compared to metal machining
- Strong functional prototypes and end use parts
- Stratasys F123CR printers are built on the same platform as the proven F123 Series, with a verified 99%- uptime and a 99%-dimensional repeatability performance*
- Combining hardened components and print heads, sealed, desiccated filament bays, and a fully heated build chamber to offer unmatched reliability
- New heads designed for printing composite materials with extended life
*Stratasys 2020 Repeatability and Reliability study for F370, Fortus 450mc and F900 printers.
Unmatched composite parts with reliability and repeatability
The F123CR composite material 3D printers are built on the same platform as the highly reliable F123 Series FDM 3D printers, with a demonstrated 99% uptime and 99% dimensional repeatability performance.
- Strong & Durable Composite Parts: Composite 3D printing materials offer the mechanical properties required for industrial-grade low-volume component and production parts.
- Strong workholding fixtures: Carbon fiber materials allow the substitution of machined metal for strong and rigid 3D printed soft jaws, fixtures and manufacturing aids.
Materials available for the Stratasys F123CR Series
Stratasys F123CR Series Specifications
|Feature||Stratasys F190CR||Stratasys F370CR|
|Model Materials||ABS-M30, ASA, FDM® TPU 92A, ABS-CF10, FDM Nylon-CF10||ABS-M30, ASA, FDM TPU 92A, ABS-ESD7™, PC-ABS™, Diran™ 410MF07, ABS-CF10, FDM Nylon-CF10|
|Material Delivery||2 material spool bays, 1 for model, 1 for support located in a drawer on the front of the unit||4 material spool bays, 2 for model, 2 for support located in a drawer on the front of the unit|
|Software||GrabCAD Print software, MTConnect enabled||GrabCAD Print and Insight software, MTConnect enabled|
|Build Tray Dimensions||305 mm x 254 mm x 305 mm (12 x 10 x 12 in.)||355 mm x 254 mm x 355 mm (14 x 10 x 14 in.)|
|System size & weight||1626 x 864 x 711 mm (64 x 34 x 28 in.) 500 lbs ( 227 Kg)|
|Accuracy||Parts are produced within an accuracy of +/- .200 mm (.008 in), or +/- .002 mm/mm|
(.002 in/in), whichever is greater
|Network Connectivity||Wired: TCP/IP protocols at 100 Mbps minimum 100 base T, Ethernet protocol, RJ45 connector|
Wireless-ready: IEEE 802.11n, g, or b; Authentication: WPA2-PSK, 802.1x EAP Encryption:
|Operating Environment||Operating: Temperature: 15 – 30 ºC (59 – 86 ºF), Humidity: 30 – 70% RH|
Storage: Temperature: 0 – 35 ºC (32 – 95 ºF), Humidity: 20 – 90% RH
|Power Requirements||100-132V/15A or 200–240V/7A. 50/60 Hz|
|Operating System||Windows 10 (64 bit only) and Window 11 with a minimum of 4GB RAM (8GB or more recommended)|
|Layer Thickness||0.013 in.|
|FDM TPU 92A||⬤||⬤|
|FDM Nylon-CF102 (2)||⬤||⬤||⬤|
- Hardened print head is recommended for extended head life but will also operate using standard F123 and ABS-CF10 print heads.
- Dedicated FDM Nylon-CF10 hardened print head required.
Stratasys 3D Printers are used in a wide variety of industry applications
Architecture & Construction
- Model making
- Urban planning
High Tech & Consumer Products
- Aesthetic and function testing
- Concepts and prototypes
- Sales and marketing models
Industrial Design & Manufacturing
- Industrial equipment
- Marine and offshore
- Oil and gas
Dental, Medical & Life Sciences
- Anatomical models
- Medical devices
- Surgical planning models
Industrial Products, Mold Tool & Die
- Jigs, fixtures, and assembly tooling
- Injection molding
- Silicone molding
- Sand and investment casting
Example Parts with a Stratasys F123CR 3D printer
Example Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) parts created with a Stratasys F123CR 3D printer used in production:
Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) Composite 3D Printing Technology
Advantages of composite 3D printing with a Stratasys FDM Machine
Tough long-lasting parts
High-performance thermoplastics combined with precision extrusion processes let us build strong, long-lasting and dimensionally stable parts;
TriMech production grade FDM solutions provide clients with the best accuracy, repeatability, and material selection of any 3D printing technology.
Meet production demands
TriMech FDM production systems are as versatile and durable as the parts they produce.
With the largest full-convection build envelopes and material capacities in their class, we can provide longer, uninterrupted build times, bigger parts and higher quantities than other additive manufacturing service providers.
In combination with our material portfolio, we are challenging the limits of what can be done with FDM technology.
Gain new possibilities
TriMech’s FDM specialists will help to streamline your business processes from design through manufacturing, eliminating the need for physical inventories and moving beyond the limitations of traditional manufacturing, whilst offering unparalleled efficiency, design freedom, and production agility.
Leverage the best solution on the market without the capital expense of in-house equipment: we deliver a tailored service, combining 20+ years of experience with industry-leading FDM technologies. Regardless of industry, we’ll help optimize timelines, costs, and approach.